Question
Posted by: TK | 2011/05/09

Lack of appetite

My boy is now 13 months. He used to eat well, now he only eats when he feel like/ wants, but take his milk. He lost a lot of weight. What would you recommend him to take to give him appetite?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi TK

vitamin B complex syrups are know to increase appetite in toddlers. Some antihistamines also helps by triggering the hunger reflex, but at his age i'd stear clear from those.

Remember - toddlers generally are diffcult when it comes to eating and medicine isnt always the answer.

I suggest getting him some Propocare chews to boost his immune system - with winter coming up and him not eating healhy, this may help to prevent nasty colds and flus.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/05/10

Hi TK

Reply to pharmacist