Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/04/14

Labrador with very bad limp

Good day
My labrador is 9 years old and she started limping about 2 monthes ago
It looks like she has an injury on her left back leg (knee)
We have put her on a diet and she has lost 5 kgs we have taken her for acupuncture and the treadmill but have been told by the people they can''t help her and she will need an operation
Is there anything else that we can do to avoid the operation

Dear Susan

Operation by a goos surgeon is the best way forward.

5
Posted by: Megan | 2010/05/24

I have a male lab who had a luxating patella (dislocated kneecap). If this is the same condition your dog has, the surgery has a very high success rate. We went for the surgery and Dan has recovered beautifully and runs about as usual.

Reply to Megan
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Susan

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Zee | 2010/04/14

Ag shampies man. Hope its nothing to serious. I have a black labrador, well he is still a " puppy"  he is 1 1/2 yrs old. Love him to bits. Have u taken her back to the vet ? Maybe its not her weight and maybe hurt herself some how ?

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Susan | 2010/04/14

Thanks for the reply Zee
It is not hip displasure - there is a problem in the knee
The vet advised us that should she lose weight this will bring it right and when it didn''t they advised the homotherapry - tradmill and acupuncture, now that this has not worked they advise an op which I am so hesitant to do

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Zee | 2010/04/14

I have heard that some labradors suffer from hip problems? Is this not the problem then ? Why not rather take her to the vet.

Reply to Zee