Posted by: blossom | 2009-05-14

labrador on many heart tablets etc

my lab is 10 years old and started panting a lot even in air conditioning and without any stress. the vet prescribed Fortecor, Salupet and Vit E for her irregular heart problem. She then suffered a mild stroke and he gave her Lanoxin. She seemed to get worse,still was falling and disorientated and had nervous twitching al the time and would not relax. without seeing her he has also now put her on Millophyrine and Karsivan. She seemed to pick up for a while, but is very restless and unresponsive. Any movement causes her to start panting. PLEASE HELP

Dear Blossom

Without examining your dog I would not be able to give you any advice. Just remember that you can slow heart failure down but at some point the heart would not be able to cope even with the best drugs.

Posted by: Rod Clarke | 2016-07-05

I am looking for Salupet or equivalent tablet for my dog she suffers badly from sore joints can you help please

Reply to Rod Clarke

I am so sorry 2 hear about it...i have a lab as well....he goes everywhere with us.....goood luck hope u feel better

Posted by: blossom | 2009-05-18

after 2 vet visits today, my beloved lab was euthanased today.

Reply to blossom
Posted by: Chill | 2009-05-14

Vets do normally keep records of their patients, so the ' without seeing her'  is maybe a bit misleading - your vet presumably knows the dog and so it' s not abnormal or wrong to prescribe further medication if the first lot isn' t working.

However, see what the cvet has to say about the mix, before deciding what to do.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Steph | 2009-05-14

Blossom, I think you need to see another vet. Where are you based? I know a fantastic vet who specialises in cardiac problems. he' s treating my dog with congestive heart failure. He' s in Durban if you' re in the area i' ll give you his number? if you' re not in durban maybe just take your dog for a 2nd opinion.

Reply to Steph