Our expert says:
Before considering pain management it is important that you visit your vet to discuss the matter at hand. The options available are as follows:
• NSAID’s (Non steroidal anti-inflammatory): analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Long duration of action.
• Corticosteroids: analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
• Miscellaneous: Tramadol – analgesic, chronic pain, Gabapentin – chronic pain management.
Life style changes.
• Weight management and controlled exercise.
• Improved home care – soft bedding, non-slip floor surfaces.
• Warm-up prior to exercise.
Complementary and alternative medicine.
• Nutrition: use of nutraceuticals – glucosamine, condroitin, omega-3 fatty acids, polysulfated glycosaminoglycans. Prescription mobility diets from Eukanuba, Hills and Royal Canine.
• Rehabilitation techniques – heat therapy, massage, hydrotherapy e.t.c.
I hope that you will find some useful information in there.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.