Question
Posted by: jan | 2009/12/22

Labrador

I have a labrador that got a sore on its lower leg which was not serious. The dog started licking the sore and it got bigger and worse. I now started to cover the sore to help with the healing. How frequently must I change the plaster/dressing on the sore. Does the sore need to " breath" . Currently covering the sore with multiple layers of plaster to keep my dog from getting to the sore. Advice would be appreciated

Dear Jan

Do not try and be a vet, take the dog to a vet.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/12/29

Dear Jan

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2009/12/22

Sounds like a lick granuloma to me - can be quite difficult to cure. Do a bit of googling on this, you' ll see.

I would be consulting my vet on the best way to proceed on this.

Reply to Chill