Question
Posted by: Asya | 2010-08-16

labour law and rights

While my husband was working at his previous company(he is an electrician) he was working at a college and changing a light fitting in one of the labs since there was a table in the way his ladder could not reach the fitting so he stood on the table he lost his balance and broke a glass bottle thingy not sure what its called. he reported it and told his boss what happened he was told he might have to pay for it. Now years later he got a call from the boss saying that he must pay R12000 for the glass bottle. The boss claims that the money was deducted from his payment at the end of that job. How do we go about this and does my husband have to pay. I have asked the boss for the invoices and contact details of the college.
PLEASE ADVISE

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Labour law rights

You are quite right, your husband cannot be held liable to pay for the glass bottle. Even if they give you all the invoices and all the contact details of the college they must claim this from their insurance.

2
Posted by: asya | 2010-08-26

thank you so much

Reply to asya
Posted by: Labour lawyer | 2010-08-23

re: Labour law rights

Reply to Labour lawyer