Question
Posted by: Vi | 2009-09-06

labour and lumbar microdiskectomy

Hi, I had a lumbar microdiskectomy in March of this year in the %th and 6 lumbar disk. I have 2 children which i delivered naturally with an epidural - though it took 19 hours with the labour ( with induction). I started labour normally and had trouble dilating.

I am pregnant again, and was wondering if the operation woulld inhibit me from normal birth. I am 6 weeks currently.

An epidural might be a problem if you have had back surgery. Your gynaecologist should assess your pelvis later in the pregnancy to see if the spine is impinging at all on it.