Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-10-03

Labor

Please can you give me some advice on the following questions regarding going into labor. I have researched the net but can''t find answers.

1 Will you always lose the mucous plug or have a mucous/watery discharge before or in the early staged of labor?

2 Is it possible to dilate before seeing the mucous plug and increase discharge?

3 Will the baby move or will I feel kicks in early labor?

4 Will I know or feel if my cervix is dilating?

Thank you in advance for your response.

It is possible that you may not be aware of the mucus plug coming away. You can start dilating before losing the mucus plug. The baby should continue moving though this decreases in active labour. You will not feel your cervix dilating, but this usually occurs when you are having contractions.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-10-05