Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2009/02/26

Labia - reduction

My 12 year old CP daughter has really long, purple labia. The Gynae that did her vaginal hystorectomy wants to reduce them.

She fiddles there a lot and lately it seems as if she' s noticed that it' s nice to touch there. When I pull her panties down they also stick a liitle to her panty.

How do you feel about this operation? It will be very traumatic for her as she does not understand and I cannot explain to her what is happening. With the hystorectomy she went balistic and was pulling out all the iv' s etc she did not understand.

Must I leave it and see if she " grows"  into it or if it gets any better or what?

Soryy if I sound stupid about this.

Mom

It sounds like the trauma of the operation probably outweighs the benefits, but only you can tell how much of a problem this is.

2
Posted by: J | 2009/02/27

Wow, clearly Skhokho has no idea what CP is all about!!!

CP MOM, I would ask myself and the doctor if the operation would improve my child' s quality of life or make it easier for you to take care of her hygiene needs. If it is purely cosmetic, then I would re-think the operation as you know the experience will not (and has not been in the past) a positive one for either of you.

Reply to J
Posted by: skhokho | 2009/02/27

Why mutilate a child in this fashion? WHY DO YOU VIEW SUCH A RARE BLESSING AS AN ABNORMALITY. WHEN SHE REACHES ADULTHOOD , NO WOMAN CAN COMPETE WITH HERE.

Reply to skhokho