Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009/09/27

L4/L5 FUSION

Dear CD

I had a L4/L5 Fusion about three years ago, i i' m now suffering with pain on my lower right side back with pain in my sciatica area down my leg. Went for an xray but it revealed nothing what can be causing this, I' ve been taking celebrex and pain killers but nothing seems to be helping. Pls help its very sore.

Michelle

Michelle

After a lower back fusion, there is also a complication of chronic pain. You should reconsult the orthropaedic surgeon to re-evaluate your fusion and to exclude any complications. Ask him/her to do a facet joint block, in order to alleviate your pain.