Question
Posted by: reggie | 2008/08/02

L-asorbic acid

hello dr alek

Could you please tell me where I can buy a product that contains
15percenct L-asorbic acid( please note not ASORBIC ACID) I hear it is quite great and heard that it stays on your skin for 72 hours please tell me where i can but it

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Reggie, thank you for the question.

As far as I know there are only 2 brands that contain 15% L Ascorbic Acid:

SKINCEUTICALS:
MY PREFERENCE - PRIMACY C + AHA is a two-in-one exfoliant and antioxidant treatment which combines a 15 percent concentration of stable L-ascorbic acid with a 10 percent concentration of alpha hydroxy acids (8 percent glycolic and 2 percent lactic).
PRIMACY SERUM 20 is a light, oil-free gel which contains the highest concentration of stable L-ascorbic acid available and the antioxidant Zinc sulphate, to protect the skin.
PRIMACY C + E is a antioxidant serum which combines a 15 percent concentration of stable L-ascorbic acid with a one percent concentration of pure vitamin-E ((alpha) tocopherol).
PHYTO + is a skin-lightening formula with five active ingredients.

OBAGI:
Obagi Professional-C Serum 15% L-Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C Serum

Unfortunately I am not sure who stocks these ranges and a quick search on the internet did not help much either. My advice is to phone a few big salons or spas and enquire if they keep one of these two ranges and the actual products themselves. Furthermore, I was under the impression that L Oreal SA had the distributor rights for SkinCeuticals so one may phone them direct and ask who their stockists are.