Question
Posted by: SoreBack. | 2009/08/12

Kyphosis/lordosis.

Hi Doc,

I seem to have a mild case of kyphosis/lordosis. I am 23 and used to swim a lot, but stopped for 5 years now and my back has gotten worse. Who should I see or what exercises can I start to make it better and improve my posture?

Thanks.

Dear Sore Back
Your GP can look at x/rays of your back to see if this is a bony or a muscle problem. If it is a bony problem you may need to see an orthopedic specialist, if a muscle problem, a physiotherapist or biokineticist would be the best person to see for treatment and guidance on exercises to improve posture