Posted by: C | 2009-02-20

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I needed that and it is nice to be able to ask someone questions without feeling embarrassed.

I must tell you that at my last training session I almost died and thoughts of quitting definitely crossed my mind. However, I am very proud because a guy at least 18 years my junior basically collapsed. I am becoming stronger and I am amazed at the strength I am building in my legs and arms in particular. Why does it feel as if I am being tortured and yet after class I have this feeling of wellbeing and total satisfaction? Is this normal or am I just one of THOSE people?

Expert ImageTai Chi expert

Training varies from school to school and style to style. Martial Arts will condition your body, mind and soul.
As long as you are satisfied with your traiing and noticing how you are improving then it is worth the amount of effort you are putting in. You go girl!