Question
Posted by: Koue skouer | 2008/09/26

Koue Man

Ek is nou so 3 weke getroud en my man is baie koud teenoor my! Dit voel of al die liefde wat hy vir my gehad het net so verdwyn het vandat ons getroud is. Wat kan ek doen om hom wakker te maak?

Apologies Koue skouer but I'm going to have to respond in English, as my AFrikaans is quite limited.

It does sound very strange that so soon after the wedding things have changed so much; at this time couples are often deep in the honeymoon phase... If there is nothing obvious that has happened (e.g. a fight, high stress - the cost of the wedding?!?) then you don't have much choice but to ask him what is going on. It could be that he is struggling to adjust to the fact that he is now married and what that commitment means, and so is finding it difficult to demonstrate his love for you. Don't mistake his lack of affection or warmth as a sign that his love has gone - it could just be overshadowed by something else right now. Tell him how you are feeling and maybe give him some space to adjust/get used to married life.