Posted by: stretch | 2009-04-13

Knotting of muscle and resultant pain.

The muscles to the right of my left shoulder blade have taken to pulling (stress or maybe due to running and my arm movement?) and the knots that develop cause the ache to go through the left back part of my neck and on occassion into the top left part of my skull which can result in headaches. Should I be worried about this other than the normal discomfort? Lying down relaxes the muscle.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Stretch
It can cause chronic headaches so going to a physiotherapist for treatment and to get a relaxation/exercise program for this group of muscles is really worth while, especially if you work on a computer the whole day or if your sport uses this group of muscles specifically