Question
Posted by: Roelene Carleton | 2010-04-14

Knot in throat

It feels for the last couple of days if im swallowing againts something in my throat.
Ive been to my dr and he says its nothing, i should just wait for it to go away. I have no appetite and ive been losing weight. He says its because i have tummy ulcer. I do i know whether i have a tummy ulcer and if this is causing the knot in my throat.

Thank you very much
Roelene Carleton

Hallo Roelene
Get a second opinion. Acid reflux can cause inflammation and scarring of the esophagus and spasm, so a gastroscopy is probably needed to look how much damage there is. Losing weight is a red flag and this needs further examination. See if you can get an appointment at a gastroenterologist.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-14

Hallo Roelene

Reply to cyberdoc