Question
Posted by: Bella | 2010/08/25

Knor Cup a Soup and Diet Plan

Hi Diet Doc

I have a question about Knor Cup a Soup Lite. I like to eat a cup of the Lite chicken and herb soup with 3-4 provitas for lunch.
Can you tell me if this soup is ok to eat on a regular basis. I am always concerned with the high sodium content and other harmful preserves you find in food. But it says on the box that its inline with international dietrty guildlines of sat fat, sugar and salt. here is the nutrional content:
Engery per 11g dry product (i cup): - 137 kj
Protein: < 1g
Carbs: 8g
Sugar: < 1g
Fat:
< 1g
Sat fat: < 1g
trans fat: < 1g
fiber: < 1g
Sodium: 687g

I am also trying to loose weight, about 30 kg. Can you also please tell me if my eating plan is ok:
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg with 2 slice of wholewheat bread
Snacks: 2-3 Fruit and 1 fat free plain yoghurt
Lunch: Cup a soup lite with 3-4 provitas
Dinner: 1 piece I& J light crummed fish with salad
Dessert: 1 fat free plain yoghurt

I also drink 2 liters of water and am trying to start exercsing.

Dear Bella
The nutritional content of Knorr Cup a Soup Lite you have sent me, indicates that this product is: a) Low in energy (137 kJ = 2,2% of the daily energy intake for an adult woman who is trying to lose weight, which is 6300 kJ/day), protein, sugar, fat, saturated fat, trans-fat and fibre. The sodium content of 687 mg (not gram) is not too high (i.e. it represents about 23% of your daily intake), but also not very low, so don't add lots of salt to the other food you eat during the day. The menu you describe is adequate and I am glad to see that you do include at least 2 servings of fat-free dairy products per day. This is important because you need 1200 mg of calcium a day to prevent brittle-bone disease. You can also add fat-free milk (1 cup) to your daily intake, or another yoghurt, so that you have your 3 servings of low-fat dairy a day. With this diet and regular exercise you should start losing weight.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/05

Hi I'm trying to loose weight and was wondering if it's ok to have just knorr cup a soup everyday with maybe boiled eggs ,chicken n fresh leg added to it ...or is that a bad idea

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/23

I am a working woman but most of my day goes by sitting on chair in front of computer. I have become 60kgs where I've gained 5kgs in 1year, So I am just wondering to go on a soup diet, which should be only soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with a glass of milk in the morning. plus a bit of yoga. Can you please suggest what kind of soup would keep me energised the whole say.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/11

Im taking this diet as well

Posted by: critic | 2014/08/20

Fat teen it seems as if you have a low self esteem issue, i understand that you hate your current weight but dont get why you hate yourself. The most important thing is to love your self, admitting that you have a problem and dealing with the problem in the most appropriate manner. Peer pressure may make you wanna be the skinny gal in the school so that you fit in but you need to know this earlier than later in life, you dont need peoples approval of what you are or who you are, people will forever more judge you whether you are skinny or obese. Another thing in 5 years time you are not going to be like that if you work at the correct way of loosing weight, which i might add is not in the two months you are going on holiday. Your body will be shocked and once you get back to your old eating habbits you will add more weight than before. Talk to your parents and ask them to change their buying habbits if they cant then its upto you what you consume every day learn the contants of all the food items bought and choose the most effective for you. with the internet that should not be hard to do and stay away from takeout foods as much as possible maybe a treat once a fort night or something. Good luck and remember love yourself first and respect yourself

Reply to critic
Posted by: fatteen | 2014/06/26

hey Diet doc., so i'm going on summer holidays with my family in august and i need to loose 15 kg. and i don't know how because my parents don't buy much veggies or fruits,because it cost much in our country. i would like to try a soup diet like Felice Fawn, because i think she's absolutley goregeous and i want to be like her. i'm 15 years old and i'm 1,64 m high so my ideal weight is 54 kg,but i have 70 kg. i hate my body and myself. i'm obese and i want to be skinny. i am running almost every day,drink 2 liters of water every day,vear hot shapers,drink pills and i do some cardio,but i need some really good diet that can make me skinny till august. please help me. i don't want to be the fat one in my family anymore. :'(

Reply to fatteen

Dear Bella