Posted by: Malien | 2009-01-26

Help asb, ek en my vriendin het 3 weke terug begin oefen, ons het saterdag ons eerste 10km gestap/draf. ons oefen 4 keer per week oggend en aand. My vriendin het die naweek haar knieg seergemaak en ek wil weet wat ons kan doen, sy kon vanoggend nie eers draf nie.

HI Malien

I think you need to see someone about it. It's very difficult for me to say what the cause might be. Usually when someone picks up an injury when they've just started training, it's because they've done too much too soon, and that seems the case here. Perhaps 10km in only 3 weeks was too big a jump. However, to treat the problem now she needs to rest and to see someone about it. Sometimes rest is all it takes, for a week or so, and then a much more gradual start.

That's something that you have to look at and unfortunately, I can't help over the internet, so you should see a physio, or a doctor who deals with knee injuries.