Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/23

Knees

I am 43, walk 6km 4days of the week and do bench classes at the Gym for 3days of the week. I am female and weighs 50km, 1,7m long. When I bend my knees it sounds like the crunching of a brown paper bag. My knees are sore when I have a lot of acid in my body. Is this normal?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Anonymous
It sounds as if you are overusing the knees with all the activity. Ensure that you wear good shoes for the walking. If your bench classes involve putting lots of pressure on the knees, try to avoid them for a while and do less high impact exercises.