Question
Posted by: mama e | 2008/07/28

knee problems

Started exercising in November 2007. About 2 weeks ago I started experiencing a " locking"  feeling on my left knee and it happens about 3 or 4 times a week. Should I be concerned and what could it be?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear mama
Make sure that you have good running shoes if you are running- If you are doing high impact exercise, lay off a bit and see whether this improves. You may have to switch to more gentle exercise. The "locking" could be a piece of cartiledge that has split off the knee-cap or it could just be some over-use. If it persists, go to an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in knees to have a look.

2
Posted by: Healthy Bones Expert | 2008/08/04

Spurs are bone growths usually on the heel. If it is really bothersome, they can be surgically removed. You can consult an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in feet.

Reply to Healthy Bones Expert
Posted by: JA Guthrie | 2008/07/29

What are spurs?
Are they treated?
What methods are used?

Reply to JA Guthrie