Posted by: Joe | 2011-07-06

Knee pains

I have had reconstructive surgery done on my right knee a couples years back. however i still feel alot of pain and discomfort. i also experience a piercing pain in my knee that sometimes leaves the leg numb. this happens during winter and summer. could the ACL reconstruction have been done wrong. please advise what i can do to alleviate this pain.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

I gather you had an ACL reconstruction performed on your knee. There is commonly associated cartilage damage which may be causing the pain. A failed reconstruction will usually result in the knee giving way. You should make an appointment to see a knee specialist to find the cause of the pain as delay might cause further damage.

Posted by: zaynab | 2011-08-25

dear doc i have pigmented villondular synovites syndrome can u pls tell me more about that and what is the treatment for it pls
zaynab khan paarl

Reply to zaynab
Posted by: zayanb khan | 2011-08-02

dear doctor i have pigmented villonodular synovites can u tekk me what is that and what is the treatmint for it pls from zaynab khan paarl southafrica

Reply to zayanb khan