Question
Posted by: Bionic | 2012/09/05

Knee pain

I am 69 and have a pain on the inside of my knee that aches like toothache at night in bed. The X Ray reoort states that there are several oval ossific densities overlaying the posterolateral aspect of the knee join and these may represent possible synovial osteochondromatosis. In layman terms what does this mean and how can it be treated, ie by surgery, arthritis medication or gout medication.? Thanks

Bionic

There is hardening in the area of the knee, where there should be a soft articulate surface. You will have to consult an orthopedic surgeon, as it might need surgical intervention.