Posted by: Bionic | 2012-09-05

Knee pain

Pse assist. I am 69 and I have a pain on the inside of my knee and at night it aches like toothache. The X Ray report states that there are several oval ossific densities noted overlying the posterolateral aspect of the knee join and may represent possible synovial osteochondromatosis. In laymans terms what does this mean and how can it be treated, ie with arthritis medication or gout medication ? Does it need some surgery ? Thank you

Expert ImageOsteopath

Synovial osteochondromatosis (SOC) is an unusual change or proliferation in the synovial joint-lining tissue, which changes to form bone-forming cartilage. Patient in pain should consider undergoing surgery. Please consult with your orthopaedic surgeon.