Posted by: Carole | 2011-06-23

Knee Pain

Im suffering from Knee pain(on both knees) for a few months now..i consulted a doctor n took xray..he said there s a slight kneecap dislocation on both s minor n wil heal wih regular exercises that he showed me. But this is not working. I still have pain which becomes a bit more on some days specially when using staircase or when standing for a long period of time.
What is the possible reason for this and what can be done now.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The symptoms you describe typically come from the kneecap. The exercise program may not help if all the muscles controlling knee position are not properly rehabilitated. The use of orthotic inserts may also be of some benefit. However if there is already severe damage to the back of the kneecap this may require surgery. A proper evaluation from a knee specialist is required

Posted by: Carole | 2011-06-23

Just to add to this..I am just 28 n i think it is not an age to get knee pain :( :(

Reply to Carole