Question
Posted by: Sally D | 2010/11/30

Knee pain

I developed a severe pain behind my knee with swelling I could not bend my knee it was so painful, I took some dicloflam and within a day the pain and swelling disappeared. This is the second time this has happened. Please could you advise what causes this knee pain.

Hallo Sally D
You may have an early Bakers cyst, which is a protrusion from the sinovial sac of the knee which fills with fluid, or it may just have been swelling of the tissue around the knee due to inflammation (overuse or underlying arthritis). If it happens repeatedly your doctor may need to do a sonar of the area to check whether you need surgery.
dr Bets