Question
Posted by: P | 2010/05/18

Knee pain

My left knee hurts when I go up the stairs, not at the moment when I lift it and put my foot on the next stair but at the moment it has to support my whole body. But funny enough, it doesn''t hurt if I go two stairs at a time. I''ve had this some times before and this time it started about two weeks ago. I can''t think of any reason that could have caused it again, though. But I kneel down a lot because of my job and I''m thin. I also have quite big knees that stick out a little. I''ve been told I probably have arthritis. But I''m 25. Should I be concerned or is all of this normal every now and then?

Hallo P
"arthritis" can also mean inflammation in a joint and is not always rheumatoid or osteo arthritis. You may have chondromalasia - see http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/patelladisorders/a/chondromalacia.htm
You probably need to see a doctor to examine the knee and see if x/rays are needed, and then anti-inflammatory medication and physiotherapy will probably help. If you have to kneel, please use a pillow or something soft to kneel on.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/18

Hallo P