Question
Posted by: Joey | 2010-02-18

Knee Pain

I was cycling since Feb last year and made good progress. Combined with the cycling I would do weight training.

In November last year i starting experiencing pain in my right knee, bearable pain. (My left knee is weaker, i have had an ACR on this knee). I also noticed i could not peddle with as much power with the right leg. This pain has continued up till now. Standing for long period of times also results in pain.

I stopped cycling up till now. I visited my Orthopadic surgoen, who physically examined the knee and we had xrays and sonar done. He was unable to pick up any issues and suggested the only way to check is by scope.

I am reluctant on a scope and would like to know what other options are available to myself.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

If you are not too happy to go ahead with the scope the best would be to see a Knee specialist (Orthopedic surgeon who specialises in knees ) and he may even request an MRI scan to help establish the diagnosis

Regards,

DR Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-02-18

Regards,

DR Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum