Question
Posted by: Liane | 2010/01/06

Knee Pain

I' ve recently developed a pain on the right side of my right knee and it is quite painful to kneel or bend it. I think it' s because I' ve been running with shoes that were worn down on the outside (in other words right side of right shoe and left side of left shoe). I' ve had ITBS before and it doesn' t quite feel the same. I' ve been trying to take it easy for the past 3 weeks and have only been doing light walking and cycling. It' s still sore though. I bought new shoes 2 days ago. Should I stop all exercise until the pain is gone? Or should I start doing strengthening exercises for my knee?
Thank you.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Liane
Best to stop all exercise for a week or two- remeber cycling also puts quite a lot of strain on the knees. try again in say 10 days time- if there was no improvement, have it checked out by a doctor.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/01/13

Dear Liane

Reply to Healthy Bones