Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2009-08-03

Knee pain

Hi doc,

I am 21jrs old for the last 4jrs i have severe pain in my left knee, usually when i sit i sit with one leg folded underneath my butt and when i want to get up from there i cant, my knee feels stiff and is very painfull i have to streigten it very slowly and then still have the pain, when i bend my left knee and streiten it a few times it sounds like there is lose bones inside,

I also have h problem with my right hip where my leg and hip is joined, my leg will sometimes feel like it gets stuck and i cant move, the pain is so severe that it sometimes brings me to tears, this all started after my baby was born 4jrs ago.

I do not drink milk at all not even in coffee but i do have yogurt (not every day) and i do eat cheese, basically i have all dairy products i just dont drink milk

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mandy
I suggest you go to your GP for a physical examination and possibly some x-rays and blood tests if he thinks it is necessary. It sounds like some wear and tear changes in the joints, but you need to be examined to make sure what the cause is.

1
Posted by: Bronwynn | 2009-09-09

I would also like to suggest to Mandy that she try Arthrochoice (which can be purchased at Dischem) I had an accident, injuring my hip and now both the hip and knee pains terribly and I have all the symptoms you describe. Although Arthrochoice is not a remedy it certainly calms the pain and inflammation if taken everyday. However, you might need some orthopaedic intervention as per the doctor.

Reply to Bronwynn