Posted by: Carolien | 2009-05-16

knee pain

please give me advice about training exercises that can be done for the following situation.

experience pain around the patella after prolonged sitting. No pain when running. Crepitis when extending and flexing the knee. V-test is positive.

thank u so much

HI Carolien

It sounds like you've had a few tests done? Did they not throw up a diagnosis for you? It would be hazardous for me to diagnose the injury based only on some test mentions over the internet.

There is a condition called patellofemoral pain that can cause these symptoms, though it often (but not always) presents during running as well. It might be in the early stages and yet to develop, I'm not sure. It's sometimes called movie-goers knee because the pain develops after sitting.

But really, you need to get a diagnosis before you embark on training exercises, and so you need to consider seeing a doctor or a physio for an assessment.