Question
Posted by: Nellu | 2009-02-18

Knee Pain

I run an accumulative 40kms per week. I have noticed that i sometimes get knee pain after running and it subsides after three/four days. It get sore if I squat or go up or down the stairs...not so much while walking normally. Please advice what could be the cause.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nellu

The most likely cause of your knee pain is chondromalacia, also known as runner's knee. This could be caused by overpronation, worn out or incorrect shoes, a muscle imbalance between the quads and the hamstrings or an increase in milage or change in terrain.

Chris

1
Posted by: C J | 2009-02-22

I like tredmill as a warm up but now after 3-4 min on the tredmill will the average speed knee joint start to pain as if the bones are crushing due to lack of cushions in between ....what cause that .
atlhete foot fungus what is the remedy the best please DR

Reply to C J