Question
Posted by: HOP A LONG | 2008/10/07

KNEE PAIN

I had an xray on my right knee recently the results being Mild tibio-femoral OA, moderate to severe patello-femoral OA.

What will be the next step and/or do i need treatment.

Not had a report back from dock yet?????

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear hop along!
The x-rays basically show that you have the wear and tear changes we all experience as we get older. It is a bit more severe in the knee area and you probably experience a fair degree of discomfort. Your doctor needs to discuss the way forward with you because you will need to discuss whether a knee replacement is an option at this stage or whether conservative management like exercise and anti-inflammatories will still do the job. Phone your doctor and make an appointment with him to discuss this.