Posted by: Allan | 2009-04-15

Knee-legament op

I had a sports injury in 1992 and had to have my knee legament replaced. Recently, my knee has been painful after exercising. I went to the Dr and had xrays taken. Looks lyk I hav some object on my knee. Do I need to have regular consultations as a result? Is this the reason why my foot arch (same leg) always painful? Is it also the reason my that leg is comparatively smaller than the unoperated one?

Dear Allan
It is difficult to say as I don't know what they saw on the x/ray. If the knee is not working right the foot may be affected as you may be walking more to the inside or the outside of the foot than you should. The smallness of the leg could be due to muscular atrophy due to the injury.

Posted by: Reply | 2009-04-17

Thank you all

Reply to Reply
Posted by: Dee | 2009-04-16

Hi Allan

I had exactly the same op three years ago. my leg is still not
like it was before, and I do still have pain now and then.
Good luck with your leg - I hope that they sort it out for you!

Reply to Dee