Question
Posted by: Fatima | 2010/04/13

Knee Joint

Respected Maam,

I am 24 years old and still i feel like i am osteoporotic. According to my Bone Mineral Density ratio which is 0.5, i am deficient in calcium. Also i feel intense pain in my left knee joint whenever i stand up from sitting or after prolonged standing up. Kindly tell me a remedy.

Note: I have been taking one glass milk daily since last three years now, stil its of no benefit till yet ...

Regards.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Fatima
Osteoporosis is a painless disease and does not affect the joints. A bone mineral test is also not indicated in your age group unless you have risk factors to develop osteoporosis. Milk will also not benefit your joints, but to prevent osteoporosis in later life it is good that you ensure a daily calcium intake of 1000 mg/day. If your joints are bothering you, ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist who can do an examination of your joints.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/04/15

Dear Fatima

Reply to Healthy Bones