Question
Posted by: Kia | 2012/08/12

Knee Injury still stiff

I injured my knee 4 mths ago. Knee is mechanically fine according to mri scan. Had physio. I still find that I can''t bend my knee completely. It is stiff and painful at times. There is also some swelling. I do my excercises that physio gave me to do. How can I get my knee to bend completely?

Kia

I do suggest that you reconsult the orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and possible repeat MRI scan. Injury of the articulate surfaces of the knee can cause stiffness. An operation can be done to remove injury tissue or fibrosis. In the interim, continue with the exercises that the physiotherapist suggested.