Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2012-11-01

Knee injury

At 11 this morning my outside staircase collapsed and I fell. In the process I hurt my knee. Although it was immediately painful, the pain has increased considerably. My knee is swollen and I cannot bear weight on it or move my leg, the knee is especially painful on the outside. It happened very fast. I dont think I fell on the knee, I think it twisted. The knee is painful to touch. It is painful but bearable at rest but it is to painful to move. I obviously need to see a doctor. At the moment I am sitting with my legs up, icepack and I took 2 mypaid tablets. Do you think this will require more than just rest?

BMJ

Yes, a x-ray of your knee is indicated. I am truly concerned that you might have a fracture of the patella or tibia. Rather consult your doctor ASAP.