Question
Posted by: Celia | 2012-04-23

Knee Injury

I injured my knee in a car accident 2wks ago. According to x-rays, no bones were broken. The doctor said it''s bruising and strapped my knee up. At first I had to use crutches as I could not walk but it has improved and I can walk but can not bend my knee fully. I do a bit of excercing every night and rub the calf and thigh. The swelling has just about gone but I still can not bend it. It is painfull and also feels stiff. I still have the knee strapped up. The other thing I have noticed is there is a sort of twitching in the knee when I sit. Is this all related to bruising? I am I just too impatient and need to give it time or should I go for a second opinion?

Celia

It can take up to 8 weeks to heal completely. I do however, suggest that you reconsult your doctor to have the injury re-evaluated. You can use Celebrex in the morning for at least 10 days to alleviate your symptoms. Apply cold and hot compresses on the most painful area.