Question
Posted by: STEVE | 2011/03/08

knee injury

HI INJURED MY RIGHT KNEE PLAYIN SOCCER .PHYSIO WAS DONE FOR 3/4 DAYS .the physio says possible ligamnt pull strain. the pain is gone but my knee seems stiff and lil wobbly. any advise on what should i do? recovery time? excersise or stretching? tanx steve. ps love reading this forum gives me alot of tips

Hi Steve

Well, I hate to pass the buck, but the physio who has actually seen you and assessed is in the best position to advise now. I'd be guessing. If it is a ligament strain, then you're looking at a few weeks to return to training, but that's helped by the treatment you get. Strengthening the joint is also important, but that can only happen when the actual injury is resolved or at least good enough to allow weight bearing activities. The earlier you can do that kind of thing, the better.

But again, and I hate to "duck" an issue, the best thing is to consult and get those exercises from someone who has seen you.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/13

Hi Steve

Reply to fitnessdoc