Question
Posted by: NUFAN | 2008/10/20

Knee injury

I am a 100m and 200m athlete and I have recently developed a pain in my right knee. Its not that bad while I' m running but its very painful when I try to do movements like hamstring curls. Its also very painful when I' m sitting upright, with my right foot on my left knee and pressing down on my right knee. The pain feels like its almost on the right side of my knee, but I can' t really pin point the source. If you could give me any suggestion I would appreciate it.

Hi Nufan

Safest thing to do is to see a doctor, because if you let it slide, then you'll find that it soon does start to affect your running. So you need to be seen to be diagnosed, I can't unfortunately do that online like this. So maybe a doctor or a physio is in order, and then just have it seen to. You'll also need to reduce training volume for a while, and then allow the recovery to be complete.