Question
Posted by: M | 2008/09/02

Knee Injury

10years ago I hurt my right knee during a tennis match, since then I have not been able to find a few exercises that will rebuild my inner thigh muscle, as a result both my knees now point outward and I there is constant pain in my knee joints, but ironically particularly in the left knee. I can' t afford to go to a physio every second day. I swim as much as I can but sometimes the pain is too much to even swim. It' s really frustrating having to stop exercise before I' m tired or out of breath just because it' s too sore to carry on. Are there any exercises you could send me that I can either do either in a gym or in a pool that may help? Thanks.

Have you ever been to see a biokineticist or a physiotherapist for this? I'd say that's probably what you need. I know you said you can't afford a physio every second day, but I'm not sure whether you've ever seen anyone, or whether they have given you exercises to do. I don't think you will need to go every second day, but probably once or twice in the beginning. But they need to show you the exercises and they need to assess the problem before that. So while I hate to pass the buck, that's really the best thing for you to do right now - get to a doctor/biokineticist adn have an assessment, and then let them demonstrate the exercises which you can do.

Ross