Question
Posted by: curious | 2008/07/31

knee injury

I have had 2 falls on the same knee within the last 6 months.
At the time there was slight swelling and brusing, but no bleeding.
I did not see a doctor as I could get up and walk both times.
It was very sensitive for a while, with sharp pain on touch. I have now noticed a hard bony lump under the kneecap and slight aching every now and again. I can bend my knee without pain.

Should I worry about this, or is it just taking its time to heal.
I am a healthy 54 yrs old female, and still do walk on my health walker 3 times a week.

Dear Curious
If the knee moves freely, and you have no pain if you press on the knee, and there is no instability, swelling or “locking” of the knee, you could maybe hang in there and see if it gets better in 4-6 weeks. Otherwise rather see your doctor for x/rays or further examinations.