Question
Posted by: T | 2011/04/13

Knee

I am 31 yrs old and every couple of years I seem to have the issue with my right knee where it keeping jumping out, it happened again last night where I was turning in bed when it happened. Not sure if this is possible. It is extremely painful and it takes a bit of time for me to actually push it back in you can hear and feel it slipping back in. It on the outer side of the knee.

What causes this, why does it happen and what can be done to avoid it or minimise it.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

This can be caused by either "locking" of your knee when part of your cartilage or a loose body becomes jammed between your shin bone and thigh bone. It can also be caused by instability when either your knee cap jumps out of joint or if you have injured your knee cruciate ligament before the whole knee joint shifts out of place.It is important that you get to see an orthopaedic surgeon as you may be doing further damage to the joint.

1
Posted by: orthopaedic sports injury | 2011/04/25

Reply to orthopaedic sports injury