Question
Posted by: Mitch | 2011/01/19

Knee

I was running and slipped on the pavement and landed on my knee. this happened two weeks ago and it still is painful when I bend my leg. Is it just bruising or could it be something more?

Hi Mitch

Hopefully just bruising - it can take an awfully long time for that kind of impact to heal completely. It's happened to me too, and it took a month, and even after that, another month before I could kneel down on that side. So it may be that.

Having said that, if you hurt when bending your leg, then it's possibly a cartilage, or meniscus or ligament injury as a result of the fall. And so if it hasn't improved in say another week, then it would be worth seeing someone about it. You can normally tell whether it's improving or remaining "static" - if it does, then consider seeing a sports physician or a doctor about it!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/01/21

Hi Mitch

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc