Question
Posted by: Phillip | 2010/04/27

Klinefelter''s Syndrome

I am a 20 year old male and I am showing all the signs of Klinefelter''''s syndrome. I''''ve done research on the internet and a fit all the characteristics. Im very tall (out of proportion to an extent), have VERY little to no facial and body hair, NO muscle development etc etc. I do not know how or who to approach in order to atleast diagnose me and/or treat me. Please help as I feel very lost.
I would very much like to fit my age and be seen as normal.
It is very scary even hinting at telling my family members that I have this physical condition even though they surprised at the fact that I dont have any body hair, but they seem to have gotten used to it....

I suppose this is a possible diagnosis, but remember there is also really wide individual variation in height, amount of body hair, etc., and various possible explanations, including normality, for such situations.
TO set your mind at rest, it would be best for you to see a specialist for a proper assessment, which would include a genetic screening - and a specialist general physician would be best to start with. If he/she finds anything puzzling or anomalous, he/she could refer you to a medical school or a private geneticist for further simple testing.
According to the bible, as I recall, Esau "was a hairy man" and some of us just aren't especially hairy. Even if it turns out that you might have Klinegelter's Syndrome, you could lead a normal and happy life, though some counselling to understand fully what it is and is not, would help.

1