Question
Posted by: Bes | 2010/01/14

KJ to lose weight

Hi doc

I am 1.63m and weight 65kg. I want to weigh 60kg, how many Kj must I consume in order to achieve that?

Dear Bes
Generally speaking an adult woman should reduce her kJ intake to approx. 6300 kJ per day to achieve weightloss. It will also help if you increase your energy output by doing aerobic exercise for 30 min a day.
Your present BMI = 24,4, which is already within the normal range, so you may find that weightloss will be slow (the closer you are to your ideal body weight, the slower the loss). If you can lose those 5 kg, then your BMI will equal 22,6 which is ideal.

1

Dear Bes