Question
Posted by: cindy | 2012/02/02

KJ

Hi, ek wil weet watse tipe oefening verbrand kj die vinnigste. Ek weet dit is kardio maar die rede omdat ek vra is, ek het gistraand vir 30min in my huis aerobics/dans/rondspring gedoen en ek was pootuit en PAPNAT gesweet na die tyd. Normaalweg gaan stap ek vir 30min maar dit het gereen. En as ek stap sweet ek nie naastenby soveel soos met die huis-oefening nie.

Hi Cindy

On paper, running is the best for calorie burning. You can expect to burn anything between 12 and 18 kCal PER MINUTE when running, depending on how fast you run and also what you weigh.

Next comes cycling, probably between 10 and 16kcal per minute, again depending on the speed you ride, and then comes swimming. Taebo, aerobics etc are probably in the range of cycling, depending on the intensity.

What you experienced is exactly that - the intensity of your aerobics/dance session is much higher than the walking, and that's why your body generates more heat. Walking, incidentally, probably burns between 8 and 12 kCal per minute.

I think the other thing I must mention is that part of the reason why you would sweat so much during the dance is that you were indoors. That means no wind, and the wind helps us get ride of a lot of heat. That means that when you are walking outside, you might well be sweating, but because there is some air movement, you don't notice it - it helps the sweat evaporate and helps more heat off our skin. Indoor exercise always causes more sweating than outdoor exercises.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

Hi Cindy

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

Hi Cindy

Reply to fitnessdoc