Question
Posted by: Ka | 2011-08-02

KJ

I am 45yrs old. I want to know if I only consume about 5500kj a day will I lose weight? I power walk everyday for an hour. Is consuming 5500 a healthy option or is it too little?

Dear Ka
If you reduce your energy intake to 5500 kJ per day and also power walk very day, you will certainly lose weight. 5500 kJ/day is a bit less than the 6300 kJ/day that is generally recommended for adult women to lose weight. If you find that you lack energy and get tired too quickly on the 5500 kJ/day, then increase your energy intake slightly. It's no use eating too little and not having any energy to be able to exercise.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-08-02

Dear Ka