Question
Posted by: Adele | 2012-11-08

Kitty losing weight

My female cat is about 5 years old and spayed. She is sharing the home with another female cat and my two dogs. From August I have been fostering another dog for a welfare organisation. He is not used to cats and chases them although it is much better now. The problem is that my cat seems to be losing weight although she eats and drinks normally. She gets dewormed, deflead and deticked monthly. She was at the vet last month for her yearly exam and she weighed 4 kg which the vet said is normal but she still seems very thin to me. They eat Royal Canin for fussy cats and also get +- 4 pouches of Whiskers a day. Are there any other supplements I can give her? I assume it is the new doggie''s presense in the house although she does not seem to be too fased by him.

If you are feeding your cat a scientifically balanced diet, like Royal canin, then it should not be necessary to add any supplements. Ask your vet for advice on the best supplement for your cat should you still feel that she needs it.

2
Posted by: wendy | 2012-12-06

Get her thyroids tested - I had a kitty that just never put on weight and was told my many vets that she was just petite - I ended up losing her due to hyperthyroidism which could have been dealt with if they had known to look for it

Reply to wendy
Posted by: Sophie | 2012-11-16

People call Canada a cheaper vreiso of the US for a reason. If you are an American as well, you are actually one of those people that American corporations hate. They call people like you demanding and they prefer to hire Canadians because they''re willing to work for lower salaries. Hey, maybe you want to learn that from Canadians as well. Even if the US does adopt the Canadian system, liberals like you are going to BITCH about the waiting time anyway. You know it! LOL

Reply to Sophie