Question
Posted by: mb | 2010/05/20

Kitty banged head on door

Yesterday, our 5 year old female cat banged the side of her head into the half-open front door when she did a quick u-turn to run into the house. It''s a very solid wooden door, and she hit her head really hard - I heard the bang all the way in the kitchen. She seems fine, but are there any symptoms we should be looking out for?

Don''t know how concussions work in cats, but is it possible she has one? And if so, what should we do?

Thank you!

Hi mb

If you observe any strange behaviour then I would contact your vet. Chance's are everything will be ok. Just check her palpate her head and ensure she is not in any pain. Generally in cases like this I would give a couse of anti-inflammatory's or Arnica for the next 4-5 days

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/05/20

Hi mb

Reply to CyberVet