Question
Posted by: MM | 2008/08/27

Kittens with snuffles

I adopted 2 kittens, about 8 weeks old. They had snuffles when I took them home and was given antibiotics (pink tablest) for them. I' m giving them Vitamin C and cat vitamins to boost their immune systems. However the snuffles is recurring. They are now on thier 3 lot of antibiotics as they have had fevers(39C). Is there anything else I can do?

Dear MM

Read other replies from about 3 weeks ago. Advice by regulars was given re the use of Echinaforce drops. Have not used them myself but worth a try. Olbas oil on the beding also helps.

2
Posted by: MM | 2008/08/28

Dear Cyber Vet and Carol

Thank you for you advice, I really appreciate it. Im starting our kitties on Echina Force &  moducare today.

Reply to MM
Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/27

CV .. my theory on this matter is that snuffles is caused by a virus ... unless as we said before their is a secondary infection antibiotics should definately not be used .... by now the kittens immune system has gone to pot.

My remedy is as follows . Echina force drops 4 drops 3 times daily.

Second thing .. moducare capsules available at clicks one capsule every second day for two weeks .

End of snuffles.... I treated my crew of 12 cats with this .. and I have seen a sniff since.

Reply to Carol